Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    I know many can add items to this. I truly love this country. But i see a lot of things that bother me as i am sure others do.
    And no this is not a Bush thing. It's just what is truly going wrong in our country? The trends i see lately are highly disturbing from teens, to even some middle aged adults.

    I witnessed this last night at Wal-Mart. I went with a friend to pick up a few items. There was this very nice and quite mannerable lady, looking for a few things, she even had enough generosity, to help me and my friend find what we were looking for. And we tried to help her find what she was looking for.
    This lady was looking for some things her son needed. Im not sure how long she had been in the store, but about the time we begin to walk away.
    This young man comes walking up hollering mom. She turns and says his name, he says have you got my stuff yet, she said no not all of it im still looking. This young man goes off on his mother, right there in front of people, calls her a ignorant b**ch and whirls around and tells her to get done, he is going back to the car. And then goes down the isle and preceeds to throw something back into the buggy and says oh yeah i need this to.
    The woman was highly embrassed as i could understand. She turned back to me and my friend and apologized. I told her it was not her fault for her son's actions. The lady was totally embrassed and was almost in tears.
    What got me this young man comes in and does this stupid display of i am a man. Yet was to sorry to pack his own a** into the store, to get his own items, and as it seem to sorry to even help his mother look for his items.

    And i noticed the shirt you had on young man. So you may read this forum. If by chance you do. You should be ashamed of your conduct toward your mother. No one i mean no one deserves to be treated like that.

    I tell you folks this is a great country. But we are losing touch with a lot of what use to be so great. Respect and discipline to name two.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    Now that is just plain sad and disrespectful.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I told her it was not her fault for her son's actions.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I have to disagree with this statement. The way a child acts is a direct result of how they are raised and thus is solely upon the parents to bust their ars when they are disrectfull. Let's keep up with the pansy ars way we raise kids these days, setting them down and talking to them and giving them time out really seems to be working better than when we and our parents were young and got our rears blistered and we knew better than to be like this. This story is not that uncommon these days and it is a direct result of poor parenting.

    SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD. It seems we have forgotten what this means and now we will have to pay the price for it, this woman should have just walked out and got her son out of the car and mad it so he would have to ride home on his knees since his ars would be to sore to touch. I am going to say she is just reeping what she has sewn.

    I know this will tick alot of people off but that is just the way it is and I will stand behind my beliefs and say the same thing again.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    Yes and no- you can only lead them so far, then you have to leave some of life to the kids. If you think different, borrow a child and swat it on the butt a couple of times in public. Kids learn most of life's tricks by the time they are 5, if you don't draw a line , you will be backing up forever. I don't see anything wrong with giving a kid all you can afford, but I ask a lot. And I pulled about every stupid stunt in the book , so I'm a little hard to bullshirt. I'd rather they solve the small problems for themself, than to wake up one day in an adult world without ever having been responsible for a mistake, or having to adjust to somone's needs that must come first. I let my son start to replace some car parts that I knew were the wrong ones the other day, he came back in a little while and said "These aren't what are on the car." Good, I'll take'em back and exchange them. "You aren't even going to look?" I know you are right, I trust you that much, and I looked before I went and got them. I just didn't look before I brought them home. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Small lesson, but it is still part of growing up. He functions well in the world, doesn't push, doesn't try to run over people. I think he'll be a better person than I am, at least that is what I'm aiming for.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    I agree spuds. I wasn't saying that you should detail every aspect of their lives, but it seems this woman and many more in this country don't give much leadership to their children at all. Like in Big Daddy Adam Sandlers character there realized that you can't let a kid just do whatever they want.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    I like your style Spuds. Kids are different. They are all different and they are all the same. That sounds confusing. I have had parents of 4th and 5th graders tell me that they can't do anything with their child. That I did not understand. They felt that way and therefore gave their "life experiences certificate", to me, their teacher. Well, guess what, the teacher can't do it. They can help, but they can't take on the role of the parent. I tried to teach my boys responsibility and so far they have shown me that they can handle it. By the way, they had a great mom which probably helped more than having me as a dad. Giving kids things because they ask for it is not a good idea. There will come a time in life when they can't have what they want. Better to learn that early in life. Just some ramblings.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    My kid's Mom is the real teacher. I'm just sorta along for the ride. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]That is the truth. She does a good job with both of us- says it is like being married to and raising me at the same time. She also has the patience of a saint. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] She needs it sometimes. Also at the AES , we had some good luck with the teachers, they did a good job, that is not a slap at any other school, but I've only dealt with the one. I've been told several times "I wish my kids were in the Wise County Schools."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    I agree with most of what you folks are saying, with the exception that I agree with lpdftbl in telling the woman it wasn't her fault. It wasn't, if there was a Dad in the kids life at all, then it was HIS fault. The one big problem in today's world is not enough real MEN who will take their role as fathers seriously. I think the mother's role in corporal punishment should take a back seat to the dad's. Boys especially need a strong hand from time to time. If my son had done that to my wife, I wouldn't have had a chance at him. He'd probably have found himself about three aisles over from where his mom clobbered him, and he probably wouldn't have been able to eat solid foods for some time! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    Guys the woman was so embrassed she was about to cry. And honestly looking at the boy. I felt he was possibly under the influence of something.

    I think the woman was ok with her teen staying in the car. Thinking maybe it may ward off what happened.
    You can only do so much today as a parent.

    But what follows most parents is what their children reflect back on them
    Sometimes you can blame the parents.
    Sometimes it isn't the parents, it is just a kid that knows, mom dad. I know how to play the game and on your emotions.

    Had it been my son. He would of got one hell of an a** whipping.
    Don't think i would have. Ask spudsmac. He knows me and he knows my son. Me and with the help of my family raised my son.
    Had he talked to me or my parents or anyone in the family that way. Oh man.
    That is old school today though.

    If i had had my way last night. I would of bitched slapped the kid. And dared him to say a word.
    That is just me. My mom and dad taught me to be respectful and have manner. Today i still say yes ma'am and no ma'am and to say yes sir, no sir to people younger than me, my parents taugh me to give and get repsect to be a person.

    Today that can't be taught to some kids, especially those well like one said who have it made. Drive a car that cost more than most people's houses. No it's not wrong to give to your children. But if all your giving is money to get respect. Well wake up it don't work. And it don't teach your kids anything.

    The system is screwed up. Parents can only do so much. And schools have no response other than take them to court. And schools arent' to raise the children parents are.
    Schools are to educate. If your lucky to have a teacher who can teach and relate real life, grab hold and hang on.

    And if a kids gets in trouble in school. Then the parents get mad at the schools, for taking action.
    Honestly.
    Wake up time for this country.
    We are losing our standards and values or lowering them not to make folks made or upset.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bad Trends. Leading to future problems?

    Hopefully mine will never speak like that because we are teaching our children respect and manners but if they try to talk like that to us they better hope they can accept the consequences (like living on their own if they are 18). They may end up with a hand print on the side of their face too.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •